"This is my library. This is my place. This is my territory." ― Erie
Erie is a character who appears in the History Level of Advanced Education With Viktor Strobovski, and also makes a minor appearance in UD. She is one of the most widely-known and developed characters in all of EternityDev's games.
Erie appears to be a robot with a rectangular, blue television head showing a black screen with a colored face, and grey aerial-like ears which are sensitive and perk up when she is excited. She also has two light skin-color arms comprised of a shoulder, arm and forearm separated by metal joints with five fingers on each, a striped blue dress and waistline, and a dark grey wheel instead of legs. Underneath her dress she wears a blue bra and underwear with a "hypnotic" pattern on it. This is shown with Erie's new model.
Erie's face changes color depending on her current mood. She is known to have a red face when enraged, a yellow face when annoyed, a green/cyan face when happy, a blue face when sad, a pink face when shy and a white face when shocked or frightened.
However, inside her robot suit, Erie has a similar appearance to a human nervous system, except blood-colored and without the brain and eyes. Without her robot suit, she is capable of taking on any shape; MrDrNose assumes that her "default form" would simply be a shapeless blob. While her flesh is red by default, it can turn different colors under different situations, for example her "rest" form is yellow.
In her previous human form, she had black hair in a "caret" hairstyle.
Erie is one of the most emotionally complex characters in the game. From the outside, she is an impatient and grumpy character that doesn't like to be messed around with. This is apparent when you encounter her in the Library, where she will strangle the protagonist, give her a stern lecture and demand that she gives her the books she desires, and do the same thing every time the protagonist enters her library. In older versions, she would also kick Angell out of the library entirely if she took too long to bring the correct book.
She is also shown to lose her temper very easily, such as when one of the Gingerbread-Men dismantles the tree she's working on, which will make her rage and swear at them with seemingly active restraint in her voice.
Her emotional instability may be due to her missing sister, which is evidenced by one of the sentences in the Language notebooks and a painting in the art room.
Erie considers Scrina as her "daughter". Before the events of Alex Basics in Biology and Zoology, Erie found Scrina in a dumpster and took her in, caring for her and eventually becoming very close with her.
After being taken to the Infinity School, Erie met Alice, who was still scared and dirty as she was alone and didn't know where she was. Erie took her in and began caring for her, washing her and healing her injuries, and eventually they began a relationship (both romantic and sexual).
- Shape-shifting: Erie is an organic polymorph, meaning she can change her form to whatever she wishes. She stays inside a robot suit for the entirety of AEwVS, so this ability hasn't been fully demonstrated yet.
- Mitosis: Erie is capable of splitting into multiple separate organisms.
- Hammerspace: Erie can store items (such as books) by placing them behind her back.
- Powerful Strength: Erie can pick up Angell for a long time effortlessly, and can shred thick hardcover books filled with paper by crushing them in her bare hand.
- Mind Reading: Erie can "connect with Angell's brain" in order to know what she is thinking, though she doesn't appear to demonstrate this in-game. She shares this ability with the Torus.
- Absorption: Erie can absorb other living organisms' cells and add them to her own body mass. She can also absorb non-organic cells, although this is much slower. This can be considered an upgrade of Freek-a-del'ka's ability, as it allows Erie to absorb the cells themselves, instead of just the matter that the cells make up.
When the History Level starts, Erie will spawn at a certain place within the library. When Angell goes to the second story and enters the library, Erie will dash towards her and lock both of the doors to the library. When she catches her, she will pick her up by the neck and give her a stern lecture about what to do, disabling all game controls and draining their air and a little bit of sanity in the process. Then when she lets go, the protagonist will choke, and a book will be displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen, indicating that Erie wants the protagonist to find that book. Then, she will continue to wander around the library.
Angell is then able to give Erie any of the books found on the bookshelves of the library. If Angell gives her any book other than the one she requested, she will shred it, and force Angell to continue looking. However, if Angell gives her the book she requested, she will put it away and allow Angell to leave the library. Then, the next time Angell returns to the library, Erie will request another book and lock the doors again.
In older versions, Erie would kick Angell out of the library if she brought too many incorrect books, or if she took too long to return to the library. She would also become distracted if Angell gave her the large r34 comix book. These features may be re-implemented in the future.
In her newest 3D model, Angell can take Erie's clothes off by interacting with her. If Angell brings Erie certain items, she will also comment on them, sometimes in useful ways.
In Christmas Curse, she will appear in a costume, more calm and reasonable than normal. The protagonist will be confined to a certain area in the school until they talk to Erie and the Head Teacher. When they inquire Erie about what to do, she will tell them how to place and decorate pines. Then she will tell them to help Mr. Cleany-Clean (they can't) and to inquire the Head Teacher about what else to do, stating that she only does pines.
After this, she will start placing down and decorating pines, which will take a while. If any Gingerbread-Men ever come to her tree and dismantle the pine she is working on, she will yell at them in restrained rage before restarting her tree. If the protagonist talks to her again at any time, she will give her the toy box. She will then ask her whether they like her costume, drastically splitting the story depending on their response. If the protagonist replies "yes", she will repeatedly thank her and return to her work. If she replies "no", she will become "offended" and slowly walk away, ceasing to place and decorate pines thereafter. If she finishes decorating every tree or mopes for long enough, she will head to the dinner table and stand next to Phonty.
If the protagonist replies "no" to her within Phonty's eyesight, Phonty will drop his headband and emerge, causing Erie to panic, and will proceed to chase the protagonist until they are struck down. Erie will then take pity on the protagonist, triggering a Bad Ending following Viktor calling him an idiot.
If the protagonist achieves a good ending upon reaching the dinner table, Erie will either be happy or miserable depending on the protagonist's choice. Viktor will give Erie her present at the table, and she will state that she didn't expect that from him of all people, proceeding to open the fake present. If the protagonist has said "yes", she will seem to groan about another one of Viktor's pranks, with him proceeding to retrieve the real one somehow mumbling that he forgot to get rid of the fake box. He will then give her the real one, and she will open it. The real present will be revealed to be a pillow cushion with a picture of Jenny Wakeman on it. She will thank Viktor. If the protagonist has said "no", she will become highly offended and rant about Viktor pranking her, revealing the fake present to be a piece of paper saying "Perv =D >:D" on it in the process. She will then storm out, causing the Head Teacher to stand up and call him out. Viktor will then leave the Cafeteria and retrieve Erie, giving her the real present when she reseats.
- In AEwVS: Christmas Curse, Erie dresses up as Jenny Wakeman from My Life as a Teenage Robot.
- Erie can be found multiple times in the Alex Basics in Biology and Zoology "BOFU" assetpack's files.
- According to MrDrNose, Erie's eyes and teeth are real, and are connected to a "portal" in her screen. This means she is able to eat, although the food will disintegrate when it travels too far.
- Erie printed the Large r34 comix book herself.
- Erie used to be a human, and she could theoretically transform back into her human form if she found her original DNA.
- In AEwVS, Erie is missing her legs, which she'll "find later".
- Erie breathes in nitrogen and carbon dioxide and exhales spores and oxygen. The "dust" in the History Level is actually made up of her spores.
- Erie is capable of becoming pregnant, although she will produce a fully organic baby.
- Erie's current model is actually the third model that was developed for her, and her model prior to Alpha 0.18.0.3 was the first. Her second model was never used in-game.
- Erie has been used for most of MrDrNose's profile pictures on Discord.
- Erie's robot suit is made of graphene, a nanometal which is extremely resistant to rust.
- Erie would likely lose in a fight against Scrina.
- Sodium cyclamate affects Erie in the same way that alcohol affects humans, except without causing her harm.
- Zircon is able to kill Erie instantly.
- In August of 2021, MrDrNose suddenly stopped using Erie as his profile picture entirely, and deleted the official Erie Discord server. He said that Erie (as well as Scrina) had died on August 5, and had been "consumed" so they would never get to any kind of afterlife. Later, MrDrNose said that he did this because he felt people were becoming annoyed by Erie and the amount of development and sexualization she had been given. After people assured him that they were not annoyed by Erie, MrDrNose decided to continue using Erie as a character. He later confirmed that Erie's death was not canon.
- Cold temperatures significantly slow down Erie's movement, growth, and other functions.
- Alice, Marzia, Laura and possibly Cleany are the only ones who know that Erie is an organic being and not a robot.
- Alpha 0.0.7
- Erie was added to the game.
- Alpha 0.0.8b0.5
- Fixed a glitch that caused Angell to continue walking when she gives a book to Erie.
- Alpha 0.13
- The Librarian's name was changed to Erie.
- Added Erie's subtitles and changed her voicelines.
- Fixed glitches that caused Erie to not face towards the bookshelf she was looking at.
- Alpha 0.14x3
- Fixed Erie's Russian subtitles.
- Alpha 0.18.0.3
- Redesigned Erie and gave her a full 3D model.
- Changed Erie's voicelines.
- Alpha 0.18.1.0
- Added animations for when the protagonist gives a book to Erie.
|Full list • Antagonists • Neutral • Hidden • Unknown|